Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My Boys



This is what brothers are.
Soul mates in the tree house.
Bunk bed sharers.
Lego building partners.
Westliing Duo.
A giggling pair.
Spitting tooters.
Tickling chasers.
Midnight snugglers.


Brothers are forever.
A secret bond.
They are a part of each other.. inseparable.
Brothers share everything..eventually.

I think being a brother must be better than even being a super hero.

These are the brothers God loaned me. They are amazing. PERFECT. They are different but the same. One is a quick thinker and analytical. The other is strong and big. They have the same laugh and the same tears. They love their Mama... which I love, love, love.... but one day I know they will love someone else... so I am going to soak this up now.

I want to adore them for who they are each day. Yes, oh yes, they wear me out. Their busyness and their antics... but one day .. their Mama.. won't be the center of their world... so I will close my eyes today.. in all this boy created chaos... and pretend all is quiet, and just breath it in . And I promise to be smiling.

I will breath in their boyhood smell,
their smiles,
their sweaty heads,
I will count their freckles,
I will record their deep chuckle.
I will play superhero, and build magic tents.
I will pretend I dont see them in the laundry basket...
I will give them popsicles till their unbrushed teeth are green.
I will buy as many superman bandaids as they want.

and yes... I will even measure who spits the furthest and burps the loudest.

I will treasure this age... while it ages me! I want them to know they are amazing boys. I am glad they get to see how to be amazing men and fathers. I love watching them open the door for their sister, and I love watching them mimic their Dad.

I am praying for their safety for today, tomorrow, and always.
Yep, I am praying for their teachers too.
These two will be memorable for sure!

but I wouldnt have it any other way.

These are my boys.. Michael and Mason.
I wouldn't trade for all the riches in the world.


1 comment:

Moriah said...

I sit here in tears. Bauling Kristin. I honestly am not sure if it is the pictures that started it or the words. I want you to know that I think you are an amazing mother. I do. Anyone who can put into words like this...just...well..beyond God's call of duty for the mother of his children. It also could be that I feel exactly the way you do about my boys. Anyways, thank you for making me smile,cry and love a little deeper today