Friday, July 14, 2006

Laughter


"Laughter is a smile that BURSTS! ~Mary H. Waldrip



Is there ANYTHING as wonderful as watching a mother REVEL in delight of her sweet son. Zachary's joy may not always be outwardly evident, but here... here in the middle of the lake... surrounding by friends ...

his smile burst.

And it was contagious.
It was healing.
It was revitalizing.
It was awesome.
It was God Sent.

and God knew this was part of his timing, his plan for the Mainieros.. because he placed me there.. just in time to click my shutter and capture it.

Thank you God for using me. Thank you God for the Mainieros. Thank for for allowing me the priviledge to love Zachary.

4 comments:

La- said...

OK MY HEART just burst too.. and I don't even know you all... what an amazing capture- totally what makes being a photographer so rewarding!!!

Georgia Garrett said...

Ah, Kristin, that is just beautiful-the image and your writing. Definitely brings a tear to my eye!

Shannon said...

Kristin, that is breathtaking ... the photo and the story with it. You have such a gift.

Anonymous said...

I am the mother (on the left) in this picture. I have to say that I have started to post a comment about a dozen times over the last two weeks. Each time I began to write, my eyes filled up with tears to the point that I could not see the screen. Now that I am past that, I can tell you how joyful I am to see my son sharing his sweet spirit with us and the camera of a true angel. Kristin - thank you for being you and for loving children, even God's "special" children. My family and I will cherish this photo and share it with other families who struggle with the complexities of Autism.