Saturday, July 29, 2006

The McDaniels


What a unique family! Their bond is tight and snug and comfortable and fun and happy and loving.. but withthe awesome sense of FREEDOM. These kids were so self confident and secure. They were truly HAPPY! And they LIKED each other. And they LOVED their parents. And they ENJOYED being with each other....... what a refreshing morning.. thank you Lisa and Donnie for allowing me this priveledge. You have done an amazing job as parents!

I saw these three fabulous kids and I watched them interact with each other and their parents, and I was INSPIRED! To love mine like there is no tomorrow, to smile with them in every conversatation, to encourage them to soar to heights they cant imagine, to poke and kid and laugh.... but the most important thing I learned today is to let them be themselves .... give them freedom. To loosen the reins of what I WANT them to be and to just let them be.

So Addie, tomorrow, sing and dance and bang in the piano with your microphone. I will introduce you as many times as you want to perform for me.

Michael, just be you. That is all I need! Tell me your jokes, make me laugh, be silly silly silly... because maybe silly IS handsome.... (Jim Carey seems to be doing just fine).. and besides the world needs more laugher anyway!

And Mason, sweet Mason... go ahead ..... and tear the house apart. Make your messes, play in the Desitin cream, flood the bathroom, and taste every color popsicle the freezer has in it. Squirt out all the shampoo and toothpaste, unroll every roll of toilet paper.... and tell me the same knock knock joke over and over... you can even stay up late.

You have the rest of your lives to be grown ups and act right. Tomorrow lets just be 6, 5 and 2. Tomorrow - act your age. I promise to not say a word!

Because I have this weird feeling that I will blink and you three will be the McDaniels three.. all grown up ready to face the world....

No comments: