Friday, March 16, 2007

What is a spark?



Meet this trio and you will know. Allie, Ryan, and Sophie....


From the moment I walked into their house, I felt at home. Everything about this family was incredible and wonderful. Their mom, Andrea, was a complete delight. We both belong to the "Mom of Three" club... so all it took was eye contact... she knew that I knew..... and no words needed..

What made this family different than others is the energy in the house! It made me think of the sparklers that we light when we do firecrackers... There were sparks of LIFE everywhere!! Bouncing from snapshot to snapshot on the walls like a ricochetting beam of light... sparks of love and family surrounded me. Sliding down the staircase banister and finishing with a flip in the air at the bottom... were the sparks of laughter. Bouncing on the couches and beds... were the sparks of joy and fun. I kid you not. This family loves life and each other. Their sparks were everywhere I turned.
Miss Allie was a joy to watch. Her eyes sparkled with fun and feisty... reminding me of my own little one...



Next, I was able to spend time with one sweet boy named Ryan. Of course, he stole my heart! Ryan LOVES his room! He is so happy there. He jumped right up on his bed and showed me the most genuine, honest to goodness, thrilled to be right where I am smile... I just wanted to bottle it up and capture it because it gave me Life Bumps... the goosebumps we get when life and the real reasons for life hit you in the heart when you aren't expecting it... his smile gave me life bumps...

I wanted to show his mom and dad this look, so that they would know, whatever they are doing.... is perfect. He is loved and KNOWS it.. he is confident in his room, in his world, in his life... HE is happy and loves being loved, and loves his family and loves everything that surrounds him. What an incredible boy!
and when he saw his collection.... and I KNEW what was next....


And then there were three.... Moms of Three will understand. The third little one does something to you. It mellows you out, it gives you perspective, that extra heart beat under your roof...it completes you, even when you felt complete before....

Some will argue that three children is an odd number, but to me and other moms of three... a Trio is the most magical even number in the world. Three creates a circle, a group, a bond that can't be split in half.... having three children also creates siblings that hold more love in their little hands than you can imagine...


Sophie is the baby of this family.. just a few weeks fresh from heaven. But MY GOODNESS! She behaved like a 4 month old! I think Allie has been working with her on How to Ham it Up for the camera...


I know you can see the sparks in their eyes... the spark of life, of joy, of love , of family, of independence, and happiness, and laughter, and home, the spark of creativity, and individuality, and the spark of fun and freedom. Well done Mom and Dad.... and thank you for this sneak peek into your life..... Keep creating Life Bumps.... it is hard work but worth every minute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful tribute to an even more beautiful family. love to all, d

(friend of Tom's mom and dad)

Anonymous said...

Thanks to my cousin, Susan, for sending the Blog address we have totally enjoyed the childrens photos. Susan's dad Erwin and my dad L.D. were brothers. That makes the children in the photos my third cousins. I live in Michigan and Florida and have not had the pleasure of meeting the children until today in photographs. Thanks so much. Nadine and Larry