Thursday, March 22, 2007

Paintings.... by me


Sometimes a photograph is too real. I know, that is the purpose... pure documentation... and most days I love photography for that reason. It is real! but sometimes...

it is too real.

Sometimes we want our memories to be what we remember feeling. We want it to be a fairy tale, storybook, our own Alice in Wonderland setting.

and it can be.

Besides writing in my blog, painting has become one of my favorite artistic outlets. In "painting land" I can take a photograph and create a fantasy. A dreamlike place of magic and smells and sounds and music.
The beach is the perfect example...
The beach is an incredible place to take kids.
We LOVE the surf, we love the sandcastles, we love the smell of the salt in the gentle breeze, and we love the sky blue sky. But sometimes my beach pictures remind me of how hot we were, how sticky the kids were, how wonderful the sand felt in every crack, and what a sun burnt three year old sounds like...... I am thrilled to paint all THOSE things away... and to have found again.. what I love about the beach... the memory I want to take with me from that wonderland..
in case you didn't know... I will paint your beach photographs for you too.... you can send me your beach snapshots from your vacations , or any snapshot of your historical filecabinet we call life... and we can create a heirloom for you too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to have some more blogs..more of your incredible talent to view...I can hardly stand it! :)