Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Sweet Daniel

Things I May Forget
The smell of my mom's perfume.
The way my dad's hands felt.
The bounce of moms curls next to my cheek
The size and security of my dad's lap
How safe they made me feel
How close they wanted to be to me
How soft my moms hands were
How rough my dads face was
The soft tone of my mothers voice
The deep chuckle of my dads laugh
The way my mom looked at my dad
The way my dad looked at my mom
Especially when I was between them....
I may forget how my smile made them radiate
I may forget how just being together with them was all I needed....


but when life does happen,
and I grow up
and I think I can do it all on my own...

and when I have forgotten these unforgettables....
All I will have to do is look at this..... this portrait of MY family....
and I will remember.

I will remember it all.....



No comments: