Monday, November 13, 2006

Sometimes....

I could just kick myself.
Look at this portrait. I KNOW i was probably so excited to see Blake that I was overwhelmed with love and excitement. Blake is one of THOSE type kids. You know what I mean. The kind of kid that once you meet them, you can't wait to see them again and again and again. Sometimes I walk by his classroom on Sunday mornings just to see if he is there and to give him a hug. He is just one of those kids that leaves me feeling alive and happy and loved and wonderful. Just seeing him makes my day. I would take him home in a HEARTBEAT!!!! (Well, that is if i didn't think Wendy would have a fit!)



Which brings me back to my vent. WHY IN THE WORLD didn't I SEE this then. WHY wasn't I aware of this on THAT DAY! DO you see it? How did I miss this? I should know better!! I DO KNOW BETTER!!!


While I was focusing on Blake's angelic perfection....
I missed the unconditional love of his mother.
I missed the joy in her eyes when she sees her baby boy smile.
I missed the happy warm songs she sings to him in her head,
I missed the way being with him makes her eyes sparkle like Diamonds.
THANKFULLY, just enough of that love was captured here .... just a HINT of it was spared. Can you see it?

Can you see how Wendy hangs on his every breath with joy ,
How she loves her son in an indescribable way?
Can you see how very very very proud of him she is....

Oh, I can see it now. I can see it ...most certainly...... without a doubt... just look in her eyes..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see it and it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Just reading your words gave me "warm fuzzies". What an AWESOME gift you gave that mom!