Thursday, April 20, 2006

Look at Heaven and Just Dance



The Bamburg Family

About two weeks ago, I had the priviledge of photographing Lauren and Dennis Bamburg at their South Bossier Country Haven. The hour or two I spent with them was refreshing... it made me homesick.. for my own family. Their two girls, Victoria and Olivia, are All American Daddies Girls , but the spittin image of their sweet mama! Seeing them race down the road throwing dirt up with their heels towards their Daddy's car... well that is what we all want. Family.

The images from this session will speak for themselves, but one image in particular.... well it needs to be shared. I have tried for two weeks to post it , but I end up with chills and get a little choked up(that's just the way I am guys!). But tonight I am ready to tell the story.

Victoria and Olivia were taking some shots walking down the dirt road holding hands. When they came back to Lauren and I , I asked Victoria to step back in to the middle of the dusty road. Just about that same time, the sweet golden sun started to set behind her. I think she was ready to stand and smile and all the formally boring stuff you do with photographers...

but I asked her to just look up to heaven and dance.

Spin circles...

Well she did.

She raised her little girl arms, she closed her eyes, and the most amazing calmness came over me as I watch her.... this sweet child was doing exactly what I had asked.. she was looking at her heaven and dancing..... with complete joy.

I will forever treasure this image.

Maybe you just had to be there... maybe not...

but every time I look at this.. I am going to stop, look to Heaven and Dance.


Thank you Victoria




2 comments:

Moriah said...

WOW! This simply is a POWERFUL portrait Kristin! Great story to go with it!!

Me and my boys said...

Nope. You didn't have to be there. Wow, what a breath taking story and image!!!!!!!