Saturday, December 08, 2007

The Love Letters....

My Love Letter Gift


I know the look.
As he comes around the corner, with his grouchy face on.... that look.
His right hand held the reason behind the look.

One big black Sharpie marker.

Seeing the marker, i knew where we were headed.
"Where did Mason get this? Just wait till you see what he did. Just wait - you will die when you see what he has done this time!"

Expecting to see circles on my door, or lines on a pair of good jeans, or triangles drawn on the wood floor, or even scribbly art on the walls.... I follow my husband around the corner to my bedroom.

And he turned and swung his hand out like a price is right girl. "Look at this!"

And i looked.

And I just couldn't take my eyes off of it.

He's my third kid. I should be used to this... i should NOT react like this...

But I just couldn't breath.

My husband turned to go into the bathroom to see what cleaning supplies may reverse the damage. And as he left me alone... all i could think to do was....

BLOW ON IT
BLOW ON IT
BLOW ON IT
BLOW ON IT SO THAT THE SHARPIE MARKER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER would come out.

I BLEW SO HARD on that hand drawn art... i blew with every bit of childhood joy i could muster.

I blew again and again and again.......

For you see... what my husband didn't know was that THIS sweet baby of mine...
the last baby of mine...
This sweet baby of mine had just written his name for the first time

My sweet baby of three... had written me the most precious LOVE LETTERS
i have ever received.

His five letters...

jumbled, backwards, and a little out of sorts.....

He wrote those Love Letters for me.

And all i could thing about was.. don't you dare take those away.

These are my prize possessions in life.

The moments that we capture by accident that take your breath away....

This makes the chaos of each day and project seem like so unimportant...

N........O.............S............A...............M

These five love letters....
I needed that.
The unexpected gift that i will carry in my heart his whole life.
The moment that will flash into mind when he graduates college,
when he tells her I DO, and when HE becomes a father....

His love letters to me... priceless.


NOW, the expensive couch that he chose as his canvas.... well...The cushion will flip.
And i made Mike promise me that when we are finished with that couch.. that i can have the cushion and i can cut my love letters out and frame them and place them on my wall for the world to see... with my other precious works of art.

So if you are in the Mosura home ... ask to see the love letters.. I will show them to you with pride....

4 comments:

admin said...

Aw!! My SWEET NOSAM!!! Love you to pieces!!! XOXOX

Anonymous said...

Kristen...
YOUR narration of this moment makes me proud as a mother to know you. YOU remind me of the things in my life that I should stop and cherish. YOUR sweet narration should be written in a children book or framed on a wall because it will open the eyes of mothers everywhere...STOP, LOOK, LOVE, AND CHERISH what you've got right in front of you. Keep it up girl...I'm watching and listening.
from one mother to another,
Chrystal Tompkins

Anonymous said...

Kristin, I just loved this story! I am just sitting at work and I decided to take a peek and see what you guys have been up to. I miss you and I miss babysitting for your sweet babies! I hope all is well. -Kristin Skeesick

Anonymous said...

your blog makes me cry...
but it's good tears :)