Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Tea Party

What an honor... to be invited to the Hammond Tea Party! Believe me, it is an honor I do not take lightly! Being a part of this family's childhood memory treasure box..... is magical and pretty much the closest thing to a fairy tale I have been a part of. Thank you so much Kendall and Fordham for including me... Next time .... I promise.... I will bring my pearls and bonnet!!


My Dearest Fordham,
You are cordially invited to a Tea,
Please say you will attend…..
This Tea is honoring me!


My sweet Kendall,
Why, of course - Count me in!
What an honor to be your date…
Is there a special gift that I should send?


Oh my Fordham,
That is kind but not needed.
But you must dress for the occasion...
I am thinking tulle, glitter and beaded!


Now Kendall, my dear,
Just where should we meet?
If my nap runs long…
Will you save me a seat?


Sweet Fordham, my boy
Our Mommy will take care,
To see that you wake
With plenty time to spare!


Just rise a happy camper
And meet us at the door
We will all walk together
To the garden gate at 4.


And Fordham…

I am thankful for you, brother
That you would attend My Tea.
What a special gift God gave me…
When he gave you to Daddy, Mommy and me…!






2 comments:

Taslim said...

Absolutely PRICELESS!!!

Me and my boys said...

Beautiful image and beautifully written! I LOVE the little guy at the tea party in a toolbelt. Definately priceless memories there. That needs to be blown up HUGE in their home.