Friday, July 27, 2007

THIS is going over my mantle!

You get plans in your head... a certain emotion, a certain size, of course a certain set of outfits for the kids..... i had it ALL planned.....

a new beach shot .. of my kids.

I even had back up.. a sweet family vacationed with us and were there to "help" corral the Mosura Kids into the same photo frame... (if you don't understand why i need "backup" then you haven't meet the lively wonderful three... :))

SO.. there we are.. everything was PERFECT! The MOST perfect cloud rolled in to soften the light, the beach was EMPTY of tourists, the hubby was even WANTING pictures of him and the kids...(hubbys RARELY want photos.. so this was incredible!)

just about when i was ready to start clicking the shutter...
as i was thanking GOD for the fabulous moment and opportunity with my own family...

JUST then...


the wave came.

And that was all it took.
Mason shorts received a refreshing splash and he was not thrilled. I don't quite have a grasp on talking a three year old OUT of having a fit, losing his mind, crying uncontrollably... so we went with it.

and i captured life.

Life for a sweet boy who doesn't like to be wet.,,who really likes his underoos.. and always has, and i hope he always does....
Life for me.. as FIRST a mom... a mom who LOVES my babies and HATES theirs tears.. except when those tears bring these babies into my arms for comfort.

So we shed the shorts and shook the salt water tears into the sea of salt water.
(see the tears??? )

and I realized that my plan for the mantle. That is just NOT important. Having the perfect portrait, even though i AM a photographer.. well, the perfect portrait wasn't going to happen. Thank goodness too.. Because if i HAD captured the PERFECT BEACH PORTRAIT.. then i would have missed this....

my mason
on the beach
consoled and calmed
and dry.
with memories of this
in my heart
for ever.
Not a mantle piece to be replaced
not a prize winning beach blog shot
but heart sown memories of my baby at three at the beach.

priceless.
unforgettable
takes MY Mama breath away and restores my heart with love and love and love and love and love.


i miss the beach already.

2 comments:

The Gatti Family said...

I love this! Life is not a picture-perfect portrait but the memories made along the way. I trust this is one you will not forget! By the way, underoos never looked so good! Mason could be their poster-child with that picture.

bloggin' Chrystal said...

Kristen,

I'm also a blogger and I read yours now and then. What a cute "life moment" captured and appreciated. You truly wake up parents with your descriptions of wonderful and real everyday life. You are a blessing.

Chrystal Tompkins
www.ourtompkinsworld.blogspot.com