Monday, May 21, 2007

Pajama Party at the DQ

After a flurry of weekend portraits... I picked up my freshly bathed pajama wearing kids from my moms and headed back across the river to our home. With our family, there really is no beginning or ending of the work week. We just go day to day and do the best we can. But last night.. I was weary and tired. And seeing those sweet kids in my "kid mirror" in my car... I just wanted to bottle them up .. pjs and all and just stop time.

So I whipped into Dairy Queen and much to their shock and disbelief.. steered them to the counter where we all ordered the biggest, chocolatest, most sprinkles ever... batch of cones and treats.

and we had a Pajama Ice Cream Party.

A party I will treasure forever.

I even grabbed my camera... so I could share this with them years from now...
that even on days when you are not feeling like Mom of the Year..
even on those days you can embrace what you have with all that you got.
and we did.
and that was the BEST TASTING ICE CREAM I have EVER tasted!

sidenote... five year old said this morning... "Mama... I had fun getting ice cream last night.. but next time do I have to go in my pajamas? "

2 comments:

admin said...

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!! Will you be MY mom!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Kristin, do you remember when your Aunt Pam, cousin baby Brian, and Uncle Scott dragged you into a coffee shop in your PJ's in the middle of the night on our drive from Shreveport back to San Antonio? You went home with us to visit Granny and Grandpa and were mortified at age 6 to go inside in your nightie...... sorry. I love you. Aunt Pam :-)